Friday, September 24, 2010

DAY XI ~ Why can't every day be like this!

Started a little earlier today as I'm only working for half a day.  Hey, I have to squeeze a life into this.  Life isn't all work you know!

Everything I did today went perfectly.  Every cut was right on the money, each piece fit perfectly, and even the tough cuts were no problem.  Seems when you have a clear head (no distractions)  your focus is entirely on what you're doing your brain is in optimum working environment. 

So I'm very pleased with how everything came out so far.  Only thing left in the front now is new rain gutters.
Here's a little before and after to show the power of vinyl!!!


Here's a construction question for you..... how did I manage to fasten the J channel underneath the overhang and above the porch roof in that little wedgy space?

Can't get a screwdriver in there, can't get the nail gun in there........

I also pondered this for a while and came up with a no less than brilliant solution.  Answer:  I cut a LARGE plywood spacer board for this area... not just a 2" strip like the rest of area.  Then I cut it as necessary to fit in that space. Then I cut and fitted the J channel in place and made a pencil line on the plywood to mark the J channel placement.

Then I removed the plywood and screwed the J channel to the plywood.  Since the plywood sticks out into an area that I CAN get the nail gun into, I fit the plywood with the J channel on it back into the opening and shot the plywood into place.

So now I have to go out and clean everything up and then hopefully enjoy the weekend.  You do that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment