Thursday, September 23, 2010

DAY X ~ New Tool Arrives!!

Typical morning ... up at 7am, make water for instant coffee, check email, straighten house up a little ..... wait.. back up a second. .... what's this email?  Don't want to go into details but I was being accused of some things that I had to address immediately.  When I write something critically important (like this blog!) it has to be worded "just so".  That sometimes takes hours but that's the beauty of the written word.  You can work on it until it's right and THEN put it out there, as opposed to just saying something off the cuff or being interrupted in the middle of something.

So, after that was taken care of I got dressed and ventured outside for another fun day.  Takes about 15 minutes to set up my worktable, drag out the ladder and tools, etc. and then get started.

Today I'm working on the front of the house to the RIGHT of the front door.  First I had to do the "J channel" but this was a little trickier as there is a bow window that I have to go around.... lots of angles and stuff.  I don't know why, but I seem to really take pains to get things right, even though many times it's something that will be hidden and no one will ever see.  Most contractors will just slap something up and use caulk to hide any imperfections.

So I agonized and cut and cut again the J going around the window ...   Finally got it done (except for the very end on the left, which I'll do tomorrow).  Next I drilled large holes in the old soffit that I couldn't get a saw into, for venting, then covered them with screening.. Notice that I removed the rotted section of fascia board.  It will be replaced with synthetic board.


I figured I'd salvage the rest of the day so I cut the soffit material and got most of that up.  Again, it took a little time to get the angles right around the window, but luckily I had a summer job years ago installing aluminum siding, so cuts and angles aren't totally foreign to me.



BUT.... the Best part of today was when the UPS driver arrived and brought me my latest tool (and not a moment too soon)  a satellite radio boombox!!

  I found it by accident.  I got an email from Sirius and they had some stuff on special so I couldn't resist.  I was turning on the satellite radio in my truck and turning it up so I could hear it, but the last two days I drained the battery and had to get a jump start.  I'll be working outside a lot so it's perfect. It will make the work go so much smoother. 

What you do is take your satellite radio and dock it into the boombox, and way you to! It has it's own volume and on/off button so you don't even have to touch the radio unit once it's plugged in.

 In fact, right now I brought it in the house.  It's blasting away on my kitchen counter .... I LOVE it!!! And the sound quality is excellent... even has a subwoofer.

I'm listening to Little Steven's Underground Garage (Sirius channel 025). GREEAAAATTT station! That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment